Magic Shoes

Zara was a tall girl with hair the colour of chocolate and eyes the colour of the sky. She lived in a cottage with her mother and father 2 hours away from town.

One day she thought it was time to get a new pair of shoes. Zara and her mum went shopping for shoes while Zara’s dad went to work.

On the way to town Zara saw a massive tree and Zara’s mum said she could climb it on the way back. When they got there, there were so many shoes to choose from.

And then her eyes fixed on a pair of trainers. They were light blue with pink, orange and green stripes all over the trainer and in the gaps of the stripes there were clouds and birds.

Zara asked her mum if she could have them and she said yes! So Zara took them to the counter. The man said that they were some very special shoes.

On the way back Zara was really excited to put on her new shoes. Her mum stopped at the tree and said “I’m going to pick up your dad. Stay here and climb the tree.” So Zara but on her new shoes.

When she put them on she felt a tingle and then slowly she started to rise up in the air. Higher and higher. Till she nearly was at the top of the tree. Then she said “down, down’ and fell down with a thud. She quickly changed her shoes and her mum came to pick her up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!