The Flood

In a beautiful house, not far from here, there lived a white cat. She belonged to a really nice family called the Wakefield family. They had not named their cat because they all wanted to call her something different.
It was getting close to dinner when the rain started. First, it only rained a bit but as the evening went on it started pouring. By the time the Wakefields' had finished dinner they could hardly see the street! When the children went to bed the rain had stopped but no one knew that tomorrow there would be a natural disaster.
The next morning, when the family woke up, they found out that their house was surrounded by water. A girl called Lucy was the first one to wake. When she saw the water, she yelled to her parents, "Get up quickly!" Then she yelled to her brother. Her dad then called to them and told them to get up on the roof. Little did they know that the cat was stuck downstairs. Before the cat knew it, she was swept away by the strong current.
Outside was a wreck. Trees, cars and bits of wood were drifting in the water. The flood was getting really strong. Everyone was getting onto higher land. Lucy asked her parents when the flood would die down. They said they had no idea.
After about an hour, the flood died down. Every family searched the wreck for lost treasures. Suddenly Lucy cried out "Where is our cat?" Lucy and her family started frantically looking. Sadly, all they found was a bit of her white fur. Soon the rescue crew came to help. As the crew handed out fresh water and cakes, Lucy said to her mum, "If our cat was still alive, I would want to call her Flood."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!