New Identity

As she saw her falling like a bird with no wings to help her fly Sarah knew that from the moment she fell over her life was ruined. All that Sarah had worked for; the perfect grades and the perfect life that she had built for herself after her parents died it were all over.
She had thought how when they would find Hayley and she knew they would because they always do. She had so many shows of how they always find the body and how the killer rarely gets away, she knew she had to come up with a plan that would be bulletproof and could protect herself.

As she was strolling home she thought of how she could disappear without anyone knowing. She had taken the back streets with no cameras so that way when they find Hayley they couldn’t pin point that Sarah was with her at the time.
But whilst she was walking she thought of a plan. She was going to destroy any identification that she had of her; phone, wallet, anything to identify her. But what she needed was a new identity. And she knew exactly how to get it.
She was walking alone amongst the bad part of town, still trying to avoid any cameras. And she saw it. They were a group of men that she had heard stories about, about how they could make anyone disappear and that’s what she needed, she didn’t care about her safety but just that she wanted to get away. She walked up to them and directly asked them; something that Sarah would never do but exactly what Hayley would do.

“I’m looking for a way to disappear and I heard that you are the people that can help, I will do anything but in return you have to tell no one”.

The group of men were shocked that a girl could walk up to them and be so direct. So they replied.

“We will do what you want but for something in return”.

She was surprised that they had agreed but now started to wonder what they wanted in return.
They asked her for something she didn’t expect. In a good way.

“We want that diamond necklace around your neck”.

After they had said that she was surprised they didn’t want her mother’s silver wedding ring she left her that cost over $5,000. They could get a lot of drugs with that. She had always kept her father’s wedding ring on a chain necklace of his and had it hidden under her shirt because it cost more than her mother’s and her dad meant to leave that for her. It had been passed down through the generation of the Hope family.
She wasn’t hesitant at all, because she knew it wasn’t a real diamond, her aunty just got it for her to make her feel special.
She gave it to them.
And the next day she had a new identity of Sophie Waters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!