San's Journey To Australia


On the 29th August 2003, it was a very hot day in Cambodia like always. San was packing his suitcase for his trip to Australia. He was really excited to go to Australia because he couldn't wait to go see his wife which was pregnant. But at the same time, he was very sad to leave his parents and siblings behind.


Half an hour later, San arrived at the Phnom Penh airport. He was going to travel to Australia by an aeroplane. First, he had to weigh his luggages. Then he needed to wait another half an hour to until he was allowed to go on the aeroplane. He went on Singapore airlines.


Thirty minutes had passed, San was now ready to go in the aeroplane. After he had found his seat, he was imagining what Australia would look like.


Meanwhile he was thinking, a flight attendant came to give him some food. Around one hour later, San arrived in Singapore to rest for 2 hours, then he climbed back onto the aeroplane. 8 hours later, San finally reached Australia. The plane stopped at Melbourne airport! He went to his wife’s house and he was very happy n to see her and his daughter which is in her tummy. (which was me!!!!)


I am very thankful that my parents migrated to Australia because if they didn't, i wouldn't live this awesome and lucky life!!


By: Justine Ly

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!