Olivia

Olivia was a great dancer. Her legs were as long as ribbons and she had arms as graceful as butterfly wings. She always wanted to be a dancer at Sydney Central Opera Ballet School. At the dance school there were lots of dancers in different classes. Olivia was very scared that on her first day she would trip and fall and that all the dancers would laugh at her. Finally the bell goes and it is time for rehearsals.
Miss Bell is a lovely teacher she was one of the first teachers to come to the school. Olivia knew that Miss Bell was very nice. She had heard the other girls talking. Lily, Olivia’s friend had looked out for Olivia since she had started dancing school.
As soon as Olivia walked through the door into class one of the girls her made her trip over and when Olivia tripped over she hurt her self. Miss Bell got very angry at Jasmine the girl who tripped over Olivia. Miss Bell felt bad for Olivia because she was only new and she only knew a couple of steps she didn’t know the dances well.
It was very hard for Olivia on her first day but Olivia knew better than those girls she decided just to not talk to them and ignore them. There were only ten minutes left of dancing then it would be play time. Olivia would stay away from the mean girls. Olivia just played with her friends and not Jasmine’s friends. Finally it was play time and Olivia and her friends practised all the dance moves that they had done in class and also practised strong legs because Olivia didn’t want the same incident to happen again.
The bell went so Olivia and her friends went back to class.
Olivia was sure of her capabilities at dancing. Everyone in her class except for her friends thought that Olivia had no dancing moves in her and that she couldn’t dance. Olivia knew that they were calling her names. Miss Bell was getting ready for the dance that they were doing. Miss Bell said do a jete and the class did a jete. Then they did some other moves then the dance was over. It was the end of the dance everyone was going home and Olivia understood what she had to do she thought there’s always next time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!