PADDINGTON/Piero Visits Tasmania

Introduction:
Bienvenido mi amigos.
(Welcome my friends)
My name is Piero and I am 10 years old.
This is about my adventure from Peru (South America) to Australia (Tasmania).
Like Paddington, I was born in Peru.
Paddington took a long way to England but not me.
I came all the way around the world to Australia
Peru:
In Peru, I was getting ready to come to Australia. On one hand, I was feeling sad because I wasn’t going to see my friends ever again. I was freaking out as well because Australia was a new place that I hadn’t seen before.
Flight:
Remember how I said I was freaking out, well that happened. I was in the aeroplane for 48 hours and wanted to get out but it was impossible. I just wanted to vomit in the bathroom, but instead I just sat in the seat and watched movies in Spanish all over again because that was the only thing I could do. My legs had already gone asleep. The food was perfect and that a great thing about the trip.
Tasmania (Australia)
When I arrived, the first thing I knew was that they talked in English so I was so scared. My mum and I lived for a while in my stepfather’s workplace “Wrest Point” which I kind of liked because It had Wi-Fi for my tablet.
Tasmania was nice and I knew I was going to have a good life here. Anyway, they have this sport called “Cricket” and I like it and I ‘am practising a lot. Let’s talk about the house, it’s nice and you can see the river from there, I think I will live there my whole life!
School
In Waimea Heights, we have very good teachers, like Mrs Pratap. She is my favourite teacher as she teaches us in a lot better way than the Peruvian teachers. In school, I play handball at recess and lunch because it’s my favourite game, you know. When I started I was scared to talk to people because I was super nervous so I was spending my time in the classroom just reading books but then I realised I had to go outside. Soon I went outside and saw some kids playing handball so I played too.
And that’s how my school started on the first day.
My most embarrassing English messed-up
Remember, how I was talking about my first day at school. Well, I didn’t know a lot of English earlier and I heard a guy saying “Show-off” It sounded pretty cool so I started saying “Show off” to everybody because I didn’t know what that meant and when I realised my mistake after looking for its meaning, I felt pretty lame and embarrassed.
This is the end but I’ve got a little message to finish off:
Things haven’t been easy for everybody in Australia but we are happy, and I think Paddington would find himself in more trouble than I have.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!