Day At The Beach

Hagrid and I were heading to the beach at Hogwarts in summer. Hagrid said to me, “Iain there are lots of dangerous things at the bottom of the ocean.” I kept silent while he was finding a spot to put down his gigantic towel. I went swimming and felt something slimy brush against my foot and came running out of the water to Hagrid and told him what happened. “It was probably an eel” Hagrid replied. Then Herminie showed up and said “Hi Iain, hi Hagrid are you looking for ingredients too?” I replied “No but something slimy brushed against my foot.” “It was probably a baby kraken” she said, then Herminie went off to look for some ingredients.
Later that day a lady came by and said “Do you want a lolly?” I replied “Yes please can I have five chocolate frogs.” The lady gave me the five chocolate frogs, next Ron came by and told me “I saw a baby kraken on the shoreline, want to see it?” I replied “Yeah sure” so Ron and I went to look at the baby kraken but it had vanished from sight. Then Ron said to me “Maybe it went back into the ocean.” I replied “Yeah I think you’re right,” then we heard someone crying. It was Neval. “Hey Neval did you lose your toad again?" Neval replied “Yeah, I lost my toad again." Ron told him “Neval I’m sorry that you lost your toad. Where did you last see him?” Then Neval still sobbing said “I last saw my toad when I was building my sand castle then I put him inside, when I destroyed it carefully he was gone.” I replied “We’ll find him don’t worry.” We started to look for Neval's toad and finally after minutes of searching we found his toad and gave it back to him then headed back to Hagrid to sit down on his gigantic towel.
Herminie showed up again and said “Do you mind if I sit with you guys?” Ron and I replied “Not at all.” so Herminie sat next to us and said “Did you see the baby kraken on the other side of the beach?” We replied, "No we didn’t, it went back into the water.” Then Herminie said “That’s because I took it.” “Do you think that’s a good idea?” Asked Ron then we heard a rumbling and a kraken rose up out of the ocean and started to walk over to where Herminie was and she was scared, so scared she couldn’t move. Ron, Hagrid and I pushed Herminie to a safe place where the kraken could not see us. Then we got our wands ready and started shooting at the kraken, but it was not going down so we kept on shooting at it for hours taking turns shooting at it. When it finally died we started celebrating.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!