Game On

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there lived a boy named Charlie and his best friend, Oscar. They would do everything together, until one day they got a package. In that package there was an Xbox. The boys were stoked to finally own their very own Xbox, so they took it inside and stared playing with it. But, what they did not do, was read the instructions. In those instructions there was a very important message - “DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON!” So the boys just played and played till the end of the day. They got up to the last level, and that was the hardest part of the game, so they kicked and punched and smashed on their controllers. That’s when Oscar spotted the red button. He said to Charlie “lets press this, it should win it for us”. They made the biggest mistake in their life and pushed the red button. In a flash of an eye, a light bolt came out of nowhere and sucked them into the game! They went through a green and yellow portal that tasted like coins and smelt like petrol. They fell for what seemed like forever, until they suddenly stopped.

We woke up with our heads swirling round and round. when we looked behind us we saw a giant Pac-man with his mouth open drooling slimy spit and licking his lips we looked above us and saw in big green writing “level 1” then we released it was our game that they had swirled into.
As Oscar turned to Charlie Pac man started to slide and float. So Charlie grabbed the sword that mysteriously appeared in front of him. The sword is heavy so he puts one hand on the handle and one hand on the blade and takes a massive leap to Pac man and slices his head open. Cakes spatter out like a pinyarter that has just been hit. A cake lands on me and Oscars head and gives us a mega boost. We turn all different colours like a rainbow on sugar high. We finally stop after about 2 hours and look up again seeing in big green writing “level 32” Oscar and if gasp with amazement seeing how far we have gotten, but then Oscar says in a shaky voice “isn't this the level we couldn't get past?” then I look at Oscar and say “where dead meat!” we tremble in fear hoping that a metrical would happen and save us. Suddenly Oscars arms started to move by them self and in a gentle voice we heard “boys I’m going to get you out of there” we both screamed HURRY as it was my beautiful mother. Then out came the ferocious monster with sharp claws and pointy teeth waiting to eat its dinner. And then suddenly Oscar did a round house kick and kicked that big old monster in the face. Then I showed to mum “ my turn mum so make it something good “ so out of the blue I spun around to face my back to the monster and my mum did a round house spinning back kick. And the monster was defeated. We got suck back into the portal and got home safely. And from that day on wards we ALWAYS read the instructions.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!