On A Stranded Island

One day my best friend Sienna and I were going to a beautiful golden sand beach in California called Beach California. We have always wanted to go surfing with our matching blue frangipani surf boards that my mum gave us for Christmas.
When we got there the ocean was as blue as a shimmering crystal. The sun was as red as a tomato. We decided that today would be the PERFECT day for surfing.
We got ready to go… then we swam out to sea. We swam out so far that the people started to look like little ants. The waves started coming towards us out of nowhere so we got ready and … ZOOM! We went so fast I felt like I was a flash of lightning racing across the sky. It was amazing, I just HAD to go again. We swam out far away from shore until… I saw a green angry looking crocodile heading towards us! The beach was too far away but luckily we saw a deserted island! We kept paddling.
We reached the island, and I was pretty sure we lost the angry crocodile but I was too shocked to look back. Sienna tried to calm me down, she was telling me it was gone. I don’t know what I would ever do without her. She helped me up but then I realised Ocean California was nowhere to be seen! The only thing on the island was an old tree!
We figured we would be here for a couple of days until someone even noticed we were gone. We would have to build SOMETHING out of the old wood we had. So I said we should get started and she agreed.
First we tried to make a fishing rod with the wood, and then we didn’t have string so we tied some of the leaves together to make the rod. While Sienna was trying to make a cosy place for us to sleep I was busy trying to catch a fish. About an hour later I caught a salmon! Then we had to cook the fish. There was some rocks I found when I was digging, so we decided to try make a fire.
I wandered to myself, “Will anyone ever notice we are missing?” But I couldn’t let the sadness take over me. The flame was so bright, it was like looking at the sun in Summer. The amazing sun was setting and 5 minutes later our fish had cooked. Sienna whispered to me in a sad tone, “Do you think they will find us?” “I hope so.” I replied.
We woke up the next morning. We were just talking about how long we thought it would take them to find us. Then, out of the blue came a huge tsunami!
“Grab your surfboard!” I yelled. “Why!?” She replied. “Because we’re about to go surfing!” We looked at each other and smiled. We grabbed our surfboards got ready and... We were surfing!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!