Last Hope In Life

In the sewers stood young man name Johnny Parson. He was covered in sewage and hasn’t seen the sun for a very long time. It was the year 2065, with robots ruling the earth. How fast has technology travelled? From iPhones and Samsungs to incredible robots with minds of their own. Their purpose was to serve their owners but something went horribly wrong and now, they aim to take over the whole world. How can we stop these evil robots? Well, there is a man, a survivor, Johnny Parson is the last person on earth. But with such advance technology, how can he survive?
It was a city of machinery, tall stained chimneys stood blowing out black rings of smoke. A river ran scarlet with ill-smelling dye leading into the sewers. Robots scanned the surface for any living things. Johnny hid in a corner attempting to avoid the bright red light shining through the holes of the lid.
Suddenly, a loud clink sounded the area followed by several softer ones. Johnny knew a robot was coming down. He took a nice big breath and dived into the dirty water. The robot scanned the areas Johnny became out of breath. It scanned the area once again and continued down the dim-lit path. Johnny quickly raised his head to breathe. The robot immediately turned around and wheeled towards him. Before he knew it, the robot was clutching his arm tightly and was pulling him up the metal ladder. He tried to grab on to something but couldn’t so he rubbed his eyes to make his vision clearer.
He was now on the surface. The grey clouds hid the sun as thunder started to strike. The robot, still clutching to his bruised arm, pulled him towards the pit of fire. There were skeletons of humans who had failed to escape. A tear trickled down his dirty cheek as he began to realize his short like is about to end.
“Oh, dear god,” he prayed with all his might “If this is the end,” he choked “Please forgive me…” his last words struggled to come out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!