Saving Sugar

Once upon a time there lived a unicorn called Sugar. Sugar belonged to a girl called Pippa. Pippa had a secret. She was friends with the unicorns! One night, there had been a tremendous storm and Pippa had been blown in the air when a unicorn called Queen Asticorn rescued her and took her to Unicorn Palace and then introduced her to Sugar, a young unicorn who took her home and from then on they were best friends. Whenever there is trouble in Unicorn Palace, Pippa gets whisked away to Unicorn Palace.

“Mum, when can we get a horse?” asked Pippa. “We’ll get one next month, you’re not old enough.” announced Mum. “Muuuuuuuummmm you say that every month!” complained Pippa. Pippa went into her bedroom. Whoosh, whirl , whoosh , whirl, WHOOSH, WHIRL, WHOOSH, WHIRL, whoosh, whirl, whoosh, whirl. Pippa heard strange noises getting louder and louder then softer. Then everything went blurry. The next thing she noticed was that she was standing in the Unicorn Palace travel department, with Sugar standing in front of her. “Sugar!” Pippa said, hugging her unicorn friend. “Pippa!” said Sugar. “Come on, the Queen’s waiting!” announced Sugar.

They went to the Queen’s Throne room. “Dearest Pippa, is it too much to ask if we send you on another mission with Sugar?” asked Queen Asticorn. “No, of course not Your Majesty,” exclaimed Pippa, over-joyed with what she was hearing. “Ok , well , the magic crystals have been stolen and I was thinking Destiny could go with you instead of Sugar, someone more experienced,” Queen Asticorn announced. “No please Your Majesty, can Sugar come? Please?” exclaimed Pippa. “Ok then, Sugar can go with you,” Queen Asticorn said. “Oh, thank you so much! We’ll set off right away. Does Sugar have to do a jumping course to get the crystals?” asked Pippa. “No, not today. Take care and go on Sugar’s back. Goodbye!” announced Queen Asticorn.

They set off. Through the mountains they went until they got to the lava pool. “How will we get across?” wondered Pippa. “Look, there are stepping stones! I’ll walk you across,” announced Sugar, bravely. “No, it’s slippery. You might fall in! I’ll use the wings you gave me when I found Unicorn Palace, to fly across and I will carry you across somehow,” said Pippa, anxiously. “No, you can’t carry me, I’ll go across the stones,” announced Sugar. “Ok, but be very careful,” informed Pippa. Sugar started walking across the stones one by one. Suddenly one hoof slipped! Then another! “Noooooooo!” shouted Pippa. She put her wings on and flew. She grabbed on to Sugars waist and brought her to safety. Sugar slept soundly next to her. “What have I done?” cried Pippa. Suddenly the crystals appeared in front of her. Sugar turned, and then woke up. “Sugar!” exclaimed Pippa. “Let’s go home,” said Sugar. They went home and before she knew it, Pippa was in her bedroom, looking at a picture. “I love Unicorn Palace!” she said to herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!