Haunted By My Own Sister

It was the night I decided to finally start brushing my teeth before bed. The night I will never forget.
There I was brushing my teeth before bed, looking in the mirror. My sister in the bathroom, and brother in bed. But something in the mirror caught my eye. And to my amazement, it was my sister. It was kind of weird. In fact, it wasn't just weird, it was petrifying because my sister was in the bathroom but at the same time in the mirror. But could there actually be two of my sisters? Only about ten seconds later, my sister came right out of the bathroom!
I couldn't sleep that night. I wouldn't stop thinking about what had happened in the mirror. I was starting to fall asleep when I saw a shadow on the wall. Luckily, this time it wasn't my sister. I looked out of the window, just to see if someone was on the windowsill. I looked everywhere to see who or what was causing the shadow. And that’s when I saw a light. This was the only light on and it was coming from our house. I peeped over and noticed that it was our sensors! There was somebody in our house, it had to be that! I wanted to run down and see who it was, but instead I stayed in my bed.
The next morning I got up early and got ready for school. I was excited because my teacher wasn't giving us work. It was going to be an amusing day. All we had to do was complete a page in our math book.
I got to school and joined the class. I was late even though I woke up early. I got on with my math page, so we could start the fun. And that’s when the lights switched off. By themselves! No one dared to speak. We were all frightened. I got up and turned the lights back on. A few minutes later, the door opened, also by itself. I felt a ghostly shiver run down my back.
The school day was now out, I got home and started my homework. I was rushing my dreadful homework as the NRL grand final coverage was about to start. As soon as I had finally completed it, I went to watch the NRL Grand Final. My passion was footy. But it still hadn't started. So, I went back upstairs and sat down on my bed. I thought that something strange was going on. First my sister in the mirror, then the sensors, the lights at school and the door. Were they linked? I don’t know but whatever it was, I knew something wasn't right.
I told my parents. I totally regret it, because they said I was haunted by my own sister’s ghost!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!