Save The Hollywood Sign

In Australia, there lived a boy called Jake who loved super heroes. One late October, his parents asked him if he wanted to fly to Hollywood to celebrate Halloween with his cousin, Otto, who was an actor and was starring in the next super heroes block buster.
Jake was only eight, but was a responsible boy. His parents were not worried that he would travel alone. Jake would arrive in time to celebrate Halloween with Otto.
Jake was very excited but also very nervous. It was his first time going to the United States. Jake packed his bag and was in bed early to catch his plane the next day. But he did not sleep much. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw the “Hollywood” sign.
The next day, Jake was up early. His dad drove him to the airport. Before long, he was flying. The plane crew kept an eye on him. He got to meet the captain and sit in the cockpit.
When the plane landed, Otto was there to meet him. But he was acting weird. He whispered to Jake and led him out of the airport to a shiny black car.
In the car, Otto told Jake that he needed his help. An evil man named Blake was planning to blow up the Hollywood sign, and without the Hollywood sign, there was no Hollywood. Blake could only be stopped if tricked by a little boy. Otto said that Jake was the bravest boy he knew, and asked him to go to Blake and offer him a trick or treat.
Jake could see that Otto needed him. He agreed. The black car then drove down a dark alley, and stopped outside an old warehouse. Otto led Jake inside. Jake could not believe what he saw. The warehouse was full of people running about. Jake was led to a small room. Inside sat the “Chief of Police”.
When the Chief spoke, Jake knew he was a friend. The Chief asked him who his favourite super hero was. Jake said “Silver Surfer”. The Chief replied “Good choice”. Jake was now dressed as Silver Surfer.
Otto told him there was not much time. In a flash, Jake was standing outside the gates of Blake’s mansion in Hollywood Hills. Otto wished him luck and disappeared.
The huge iron gates opened. Jake bravely walked up the hill to the mansion. He rang the bell. The front door creaked open, and evil Blake stood in front of him.
In a shaky voice, Jake asked: “Trick or treat?”
Blake cackled. “Trick!” he roared.
Jake held up his water pistol which Otto had given him, and squirted evil Blake in the face. There was a flash of light, a scream, and evil Blake began to disintegrate before his eyes.
And then Jake heard the words: “Cut!”
Jake turned, and saw the camera crew. He had just starred in the next super heroes block buster!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!