Haunted Decisions

It was a cold day in New York, vibrant, autumn leaves were falling. We were both strolling down the stunning Botanical Gardens, when he put his arm around me. Jakob and I are really good friends, but I think he thinks we’re more than that. We sat on a bench by the water, and Jakob admiring photography, took a Polaroid of us. It resembled our beautiful features, his crystal blue eyes, curly, brown hair and my long blonde hair blowing in the wind.
I received a text message from my great friend Harry. Nice way to ruin the moment. It read;
“Hey, are you free Friday night?”
The night of Halloween. I had plans to go trick-or-treating with Jakob. I really liked Harry too, so I didn’t reject him, I invited him as well. Jakob still believes I’m texting my mum, so I used that as my ‘sorry, I have to go’ excuse.
Friday felt as if it came faster than an airplane on take-off, and trust me, it felt like that airplane just flew past and hit me in the backside. I felt terrible. Although I shouldn’t have really, because first of all, I’m still alive, and second, I’m seeing two attractive guys in one night. I dressed up as a pegacorn, Harry went as a vampire, which suited his exquisite features, and Jakob was a werewolf, which suited his personality.
All three of us walked, buckets filled to the top with delicious candy. It was less awkward than I had imagined, they were actually getting along. We were walking down our last street for the night, where we came across a well decorated house. Two zombie children ran out, screaming, with fake blood dripping down their legs. Harry and Jakob, being the adventurous, dare devil type, decided to knock on that door.
No-one answered. So Jakob just climbed through the window and Harry followed, although I wished he stayed out the front with me. The streets aren’t particularly safe on Halloween.
It had already been five minutes. I asked myself,
“What’s taking them so long?”
Then I heard two familiar, feminine squeals. My heroic side took over and I cautiously walked in to see the problem.
“Oh my gosh!” I yelled.
There were cracked floor boards in every corner of the room… blood stains. I heard sobbing voices coming from one of the spine-chilling rooms.
“Taylor, Taylor! Please help us, plea-ea-ea-ease!” cried Harry.
I rushed in, to see Harry and Jakob, both hanging on to the edge of a black hole.
“You’re running out of time! This house is haunted!” Jakob shouted.
It was a quick decision I had to make, who do I save first?
I grabbed Harry by the one arm he solemnly had left, and pulled him to safety. There was a bloodcurdling scream and the sound of breaking boards… Jakob had let go, and fell to his death.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!