Kitty Finds A New Home

Not too long ago, there was a baby kitten called Peppa. She was the youngest of the litter because she was last to come out of her mother’s tummy. Peppa had 3 brothers and 2 sisters, who were all as cute and cuddly as her.

Sadly, the owners of the mother cat did not have enough room for them all, so they gave the kittens to the RSPCA. They knew that the RSPCA would find new homes for each of the adorable kitties.

3 weeks later……………

A lady named Mrs Freeman ran the RSPCA with the help of her 12 year old daughter named Catrina. They cared for all the animals, big and small.
Catrina’s favourite kitten was Peppa’s sister named Antara. Antara had black fur from head to toe. So did Peppa’s brothers, Henry, Dot and Lloyd. They liked to tease Peppa and her favourite sister, Sooty.

One morning, a boy and his mother came and bought Dot. Soon after, a girl and her Aunt came to take away Antara. Catrina sobbed without her favourite, but after a while, saw that a new litter of kittens had arrived and ran to help.

Later the same day, a man came to buy Dot for his grandson’s birthday.

Finally, at the worst moment of Peppa’s life, a woman bought Sooty and Henry, leaving Peppa all alone. Peppa hid away in her hidey hole and cried sadly. The next morning, Peppa saw two women arrive. She leaped onto the counter to meow at Mrs Freeman, asking her what was going on.

“So Leanne and Margaret, this is Peppa, your new kitten and the last of her litter,” Mrs Freeman sighed.

“Peppa! My three kids are going to love you,” Leanne said in a friendly way.

“Time to go!” Margaret puffed, wanting to get out of there. Mrs Freeman picked up Peppa and dropped her into a box with a soft toy and a blanket. The ladies then took Peppa home in their blue Toyota.

BROOM…………… BROOM…………. SCREEEECH! The car stopped in their garage. They got out, Margaret carrying Peppa in the box.

“Meow,” Peppa cried cutely when they went inside. Margaret gently put Peppa on the floor, stroking her on her back. Peppa couldn’t believe her eyes. Her new family had set up her bed, litter tray and scratching pole. The kids had even painted posters saying, “Welcome to our family, Peppa!” and a lot of other friendly and polite greetings.

“MUMMY! Is the new pet here?” 8 year old Erin asked excitedly.

“Here my little Erin,” Leanne answered, handing her the kitten. “Amy, Luke! The new kitten is here.” Two other children raced out from their rooms to see their new pet.

“DAD! Take a photo,” Amy begged her father. They took a photo all together and have been together ever since. This is how Peppa the kitten found a family of her own after all.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!