Magic Buddies

As Lilly, Maddie and Sophie chucked their school bags on Maddie’s bedroom floor and talked about school, Maddie’s mum made some afternoon tea. “So I can’t wait to find out what’s for tea” said Sophie. “You say that every time you come here, and we always get the same thing!” laughed Maddie.
These three girls all had a big secret - each of them owned a magic pet! They called them their “Magic Buddies!”. “So do you guys think we should go and play with our magic buddies today?” said Lilly. “Sure” answered Maddie and Sophie at the same time. “Why don’t we get some afternoon tea to take with us, and then you guys can sleep-over here” said Maddie. “Yeah” said Lilly. “Let’s go”! They all went to get some afternoon tea and put it all into a picnic basket. Then Sophie, Maddie and Lilly walked into the bush and made their way to the magic buddys’ hutch. On the way they talked about their pets. Sophie owned a bunny named Bella, Lilly owned a kitten called Kisses, and Maddie owned a puppy named Mate. These three pets all had the ability to talk just like humans, but nobody else knew about this secret.
When they got to the hutch, Sophie opened the door and they all went inside. Sure enough, Bella, Kisses and Mate were all fast asleep on the rug. “Shhhsh, don’t wake them” said Sophie. But as the girls took another step the magic buddies awoke and wanted to play. Mate licked Maddie, Kisses purred at Lilly, and Bella sniffed Sophie hopefully for carrots. They played in the bush ALL afternoon.
The next day after school they met at the magic buddys’ hutch to play again. But when Maddie, Sophie and Lilly opened the door there was not a single sign of the magic buddies! “Oh no” cried Sophie. “They’re not in there” said Lilly. But Maddie stayed calm and said “It’s ok guys, we just need to search for them. So lets spilt up.”
Sophie stayed at the hutch and looked in all the small places they could have gone into. Lilly went left of the bush and Maddie went to the right. After about 2 whole hours of looking they didn’t have the magic buddies but Lilly found an apple that had Bella’s, Mate’s and Kisses’ teeth marks in it. So they followed the trail of the crumbs from the apple which led to a bush. The girls looked behind the bush and there were the Magic Buddies fast asleep with bits of apple on top of them. The girls were speechless and walked back to the hutch carrying their buddies in their arms. When they got back they were so relieved and happy the girls wanted to scream, but they had kept their secret for over a year and were not about to give it up!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!