Dance

Oh my love. My love, my love, my love. How have you been? Did you miss me while I was gone? I know that I missed you.
That's a shame. I hoped that you would be happy to see me, like I am to see you. Well, one can only hope.
How many years has it been? Four, five? It doesn't really matter. After all, all that matters to me is that you don't ever forget me.
I must confess, you have a lovely son. I heard his name is Dante. A wonderful name; almost as enchanting as your own. Did you know that his name means everlasting? I'm hopeful that you did. Then I can believe that you named him while thinking of us.
I love you. It might be inappropriate to say this, since you are married, but I can't help it. Anyways I'm not exactly...attracted to your type. You are beautiful and I admire you greatly, but I don't love you in the way that you love your partner. I love you in only a way we can love.
I would die without you, it's true. Without you, I am nothing. Of course, the same could be said the other way around; without me, you are nothing.
What, did you really believe that just because you have a family who loves you and people who accept you, that you finally got the life you wanted? You are a fool if you do. A naive, idiotic fool.
When you agreed to help the 'good' people of this world, you signed an everlasting contract. They say that they love you, do they not? That you have done what you could and that you don't have to fight me anymore? Do you really believe them?
No, of course you don't. You know that the second you refuse to help them, they will turn their backs on you. They will use you for the rest of your life, and you know it.
I always think of our fights as a dance. A beautiful dance between good and evil. It is a dance that I believe, will never end and I feel sorry for you, the unwilling participant. Yes, though we may die and our bodies will rot, I am sure that our legacy will be passed on to other people. The dance will continue, just with different dancers.
And that is the love we share. An undying love that could never be outshone by a fleeting love like the one you share with your beloved. Although beautiful, the love you have with them will fade after death, whilst ours? Ours will continue into another lifetime, and won't ever stop.
So dance with me my love. The symphony has begun, and it will continue to go on even after death do us part. You may struggle to break free from me, but I know as well as you do, that without my love; you. Are. Nothing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!