Lava Trap

Splash! Bang! Crash! Oh-no, had Rex ridden the stripy violet and aqua wave again?
I looked around and to my surprise, I saw Rex in the water holding his surfboard.
I yelled, "Hey Rex, are you alright?"
I finally got a reply from him, "I'm quite fine actually, I just fell off of my surfboard when I rode the stripy violet and aqua wave!" he called back.
By the way, there are a few characters to introduce you too. There's Rex, he's a cheerful chicken, Sir Oinksalot, he's a pig, I'm a turtle, my name is Shelly and Carrot, he's a carrot of course.
Oh-no! Sir Oinksalot had set up a trap to get rid of Rex once and for all. I thought his super small, evil, cute minion Carrot helped him. His trap was better than any other trap he had made. I heard Rex trying to ask me something.
"Where am, argh, I, argh, going?"
Finally, Rex had reached the end of the under-water tunnel. He was in Volcano land. Oh-no! Volcano land was controlled by Sir Oinksalot.
Oh, I forgot to tell you why Rex and Sir Oinksalot were even fighting in the first place. It's because Sir Oinksalot used to be the nicest, smallest, cutest little piggy anyone could imagine.
He would try to save the day, but Rex would help him and the crowd would cheer, "Rex, Rex, Rex!"
This kept going for a while.
One day, Rex wasn't there to help him, so Sir Oinksalot saved the day. The crowd cheered, "Rex, Rex, Rex!" So that's why they're fighting today.
Rex started climbing up the volcano, not realising how close he was to the edge. He found a Nerf gun shop, he bought a Nerf gun and one thousand and two mean cop, great cop styrofoam bullets, aims and fires. Carrot fell over after that. He did the same to Sir Oinksalot. That did not phase him, so he pressed the volcano erupt button. Rex started to sprint for his life with Carrot in his arms. He had reached the end of the path before the village. He tried to think of an idea, before he and Carrot melted.
Suddenly Carrot had an idea. "Use your jumping powers."
"Alright," Rex replied. They jumped on to the nearest cloud and when they got there, he jumped down. Rex started building a lava proof ramp, that would take the lava over the village and straight into the water. They had finished just in time. The village was saved! Later that day Rex and Carrot decided that they would be hero and sidekick. They made a Nerf gun, called Team Hero with chicken and carrot styrofoam bullets. They also got a box full of chocolate money. From that day on-ward, they helped each other on their mission to save the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!