That Boy, James McCarthy…

That boy, James McCarthy…

“Thanks mum!” I say looking at my new remote-control snake. I just opened my Christmas present from my mum. She knows me too well. I can’t wait to try it out.
“I know you want to have a play with it, but you have to go to school!”
“Can I take it with me?” I ask with puppy eyes, because I really want to try it out.
“Keep dreaming,” she replies “Now come on, you’re going to be late!”

This is the most embarrassing moment of my life. I am standing in the girls’ change rooms with nothing but shorts and suspenders. I will get that boy back, that rotten boy named James McCarthy. He just loves to pick on me. I better get out of the change room and get him back. I will pull a prank… THE BEST PRANK OF ALL TIME. Better than the one where I created the exploding cake (it was HARMLESS), and the time I did graffiti on the teacher’s desk, and the time I... I could go on forever, but this time it was going to be big, because this time he has taken it too far… I, Connor McMaster, will make embarrass him.

I started to research. I don’t know a lot about James but I know enough to know what prank will work. Right now I am hiding in the bushes listening to James and his friends having a laugh about something I have not quite figured out yet.

“That boy embarrassed himself so bad!” said Chuck, his best friend, I really hate… Hold on, WOAH… I feel like I have to sneeze, it’s coming, it’s coming!

“AAACHOOOOOO!!!” There it goes, I just signed my death warrant. Wish me luck that I don’t end up with six broken bones….

This is the happiest moment of my life. Instead of me ending up stuck in a pile of garbage or my head being stuck in a toilet, I see James McCarthy running away with what seems to be a remote control snake following after him. There is only one thing to say…“Thanks mum,” I whisper to myself.


Baxter Aurisch- The McDonald College, Year 6

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!