Easter Egg Hunt


The day before Easter everyone in SPG (the Seven Perfect Girls club) went shopping to buy prizes for the raffle and egg hunt. Amy, Mia, Lily, Alisha, Natasha, Madeline and Charlotte bought Easter baskets with surprises and Easter bunnies. After they bought the prizes for the raffle and egg hunt, they all met at Lily’s house. That was where they would be celebrating Easter. Lily had already prepared decorations in a box. Mia was the one who made the raffle tickets and she had done a good job. They looked colourful and pretty. Alisha had a dress up box full of Easter costumes. The members of SPG all picked a costume for tomorrow. Then the girls left Lily’s house. They got ready for bed and went to sleep for the big day tomorrow.
The next day Charlotte was first to wake up. She phoned the other members. They all had a chat and then got ready. Little did the girls know that the FCB (Five Cool Boys), a boys club, had been spying on them. They were making a plan to steal the eggs that SPG were using for their egg hunt.
When they went over to Lily’s house, the girls saw that it looked beautiful, bright and enchanting with the decorations. Everyone looked amazing in their costumes. Charlotte who started the club, was the announcer. She chose an assistant. It was Madeline. They sold the tickets with everyone in
SPG buying them. Then they asked Lily’s next door neighbour to hide the eggs and she placed them around the yard. SPG then drew the raffle. This was when FCB took the chance to steal the eggs. Can you guess where they hid the eggs? They hid the eggs in Jack’s cubby house.
***
The girls finished the raffle and it turned out that Amy had won. They began the Easter egg hunt. They found it was really hard to find the Easter eggs. So the SPG asked the neighbour for clues. The neighbour gave some clues but did not give away exactly where the eggs were. The girls searched again but they still could not find the eggs. So the neighbour helped them look for the eggs. When she could not find them, SPG turned into detectives. The group had always been prepared for this. They each had their own magnifying glass. Natasha was the one who found the first clue. There were Easter egg wrappers leading to Jack’s cubby house. The girls knew Jack was part of FCB. Meanwhile the boys were eating lunch.
SPG took the chance and grabbed the Easter eggs. They left a note and only one tiny egg. They ran back to Lily’s house with the eggs. Easter had turned into a fun mystery. SPG decided to spy on the boys and check their expressions. They also all had a telescope and watched the boys turn pale. The boys recovered but did not steal eggs again. The girls feasted on the Easter Eggs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!