Voices

They were still there. My binoculars were focused on their dry, talkative mouths. I was like a trained sniper, zooming in and out of my scope, ready for a shot. Only I didn't have bullets nor a long, pointy end. Binoculars were enough to spy on these gossipers.
They droned on and on. I could barely hear their monotonous voices. Something about Kelly and Peter... Holly... and Sean... Wait... Sean? SEAN?!
"Sean is so pathetic," a feminine voice mentioned. "He can't even run 100 metres!"
"Haha, I know right," another girl agreed, chewing on some gum. "Like seriously?"
Other voices burst into laughter. My blood boiled with rage.
"You will pay for this," I murmured to myself.
The screeching of permanent markers echoed throughout my room as I drew moustaches on Jane and Jolly's school pictures. In brief moments, moustaches were curled neatly on their pictures, ready to attract the sight of students. My eyes itched to see the belittling fingers point at their red faces.
RING!!!
Everyone stampeded out of their classrooms, crushing anyone who stood in their way, friend of foe. The teachers sipped away at their freshly brewed coffee. The teeth of children chomped away at their lunches. Meanwhile, I scattered the pictures around, hoping other students will enjoy the humiliation of the girls. After chuckling at the embarrassing pictures, I darted into the playground.
RING!!!
Elation rushed through my veins as feet tiptoed silently into the building. A giggle echoed throughout the hallway.
"What's so funny?" a voice asked.
A finger pointed towards my works of art.
Eyes followed the finger's direction, and looked straight into my intelligently scattered pictures. Smiles crept across faces. Voices giggled intermittently. Eventually, everyone burst into pure laughter. Except for two girls: Jane and Jolly. Their faces were as red as tomatoes. Jane spit her gum out and shrieked.
"W-Who did this?" Jane asked nervously.
Fingers pointed in Jane and Jolly's direction and chuckled uncontrollably. Jane and Jolly scurried into the nearest classroom with tears running down their reddish cheek. Both of them pulled their jackets over their face.
"Serves them right," I mumbled under my breath.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!