OFF ROAD

OFF ROAD

It was a bright & sunny day where two friends were riding their dirt bikes in the dust. The friend’s names were Sonny & Declan, Declan was smooth & fast, whilst Sonny was wild & fast. They were both 22 year old boys with a need for speed. After a fantastic day in the bush track that they made, they decided to pack up for the day.

Twenty nine days later, they saw an advert on T.V that exclaimed “PRO SUPERCROSS RIDERS RICKY CARMICHAEL & JEFF EMIG WERE RETIRING. WHOS NEXT?” Declan & Sonny thought they could be the next big rider. Out of the blue Sonny yelled, “How do we sign up?” “Well Sonny, there was a website at the bottom of the screen.”

Declan went to his PC and typed in the site in the URL bar. They both signed up & prepared their bikes, Declan rebuilt the engines & Sonny bought the parts for the rebuild.

When they got to the gates their biggest rival Hayden was there. They walked in & got their bikes checked. One hour later the race of newbies started. Declan & Sonny both rode KTM 250 2-strokes. Hayden rode a KAWASAKI 250 4-stroke.

They got to the start line & started their bikes. The gates dropped & Declan got the holeshot by five bike lengths. When it came to the first rhythm section Sonny had a big crash. On the last lap, Declan got passed by rider number 5 on his KTM 250 2-stroke.









After the race Declan & Sonny went to number 5s pit. “Hi my name is Declan & this is Sonny. What is your name?” Declan asked. “ Hi my name is Sheaden & that’s some nice gear you have there.” Jeff & Ricky walked over to the three of them & said, “you guys have potential!”

Five minutes later Hayden walked over & claimed that he has potential, but Ricky announced “you’re good, but not good enough!” Declan, Sheaden & Sonny made it into the KTM factory race team & got new bikes & graphics. Hayden made the KAWASAKI team.





I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY STORY
FROM THE AUTHOR DECLAN O’LEARY
OFF ROAD






By Declan O’Leary

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!