The End Of The Hype

So the height has come to an end. All the clocks ring 6AM, almost all the hype trains have left the station, the spirits lifted and the attention has all but left.
As an era is being overturned, leaving the leaves still on the shore as the Night tide creepily sweeps back into the ocean of the unseen. An ocean many have travelled but few make out with more than a coin of knowledge, sometimes unable to express their experiences again.
There are some things still left to do but the enthusiasm is already flowing out. As the empty shells have been laid to rest.
Goodbye to all the night guards that took their wake, you might not be remembered but you won’t be forgotten.
… But he still rests unwell in his cage, as the lights fade from the small prop top-hat on the middle of the floor…
…the last voice mail has been heard as the phone is turned off…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!