Never Give Up With Out A Fight

Boom! I ran and I ran not looking back. I was freaking out to the unbearable sound of creatures screeching. Still, I couldn’t let that stop me from finding some place to go where I would be safe. Luckily I saw an old car nearby. Hoping that the keys were in there, I sprinted over to it. Suddenly I was stopped in my tracks by the sound a car crashing. I turned around! Tears brimmed in my eyes as I stumbled towards the car. At this point I was running…. now sprinting towards the wreck. What I saw made me lose my breath!
“Tim” I shouted. It was my brother he was stuck but out of nowhere Boom! The car blew up before I could take another step. I was safe from the crash but my brother wasn’t. Tears weren’t brimming they were falling out. I went over to wreck searching for any remains of my brother but all I found was some tyres and smashed glass everywhere. There was nothing else, but as I turned around I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It looked like some sort of arm.
I walked over to it and examined the pale, bruised arm for a couple of seconds and I knew it was human. It was my worst nightmare coming to life, a zombie apocalypse.
I knew at that time I would not rest until I win. Until I avenge my brother. Until I kill every single Zombie in this good earth. I stormed over to the old car wiping the tears from my eyes. When I got to the car I pulled the boot open and found the keys. “At least one thing’s going my way today” I mumble. I grabbed the keys in frustration and looked in the back seat of the car. I clenched my knuckles. I was staring into the barrel of a Remington 870. I grinned and picked it up then I sat in the front seat put the keys and turned the keys. “Let’s roll” I said.
I smashed into the factory I once worked at then I got out of the car. About 3 meters away from me was a ferocious abnormal zombie. It was twice my size and twice my strength. I raised my double barrel shot gun to his face and shot four times then I raced over to a nearby shed and reloaded. I jumped out and shot him. I kept on reloading and shooting him but when I shot, nothing happened. “Damn it. I’m out. I raced over to the car and got in, but out of nowhere the zombie smashed the car and the glove box came open and there was a pistol in it. So i shot him in the face once. He fell to the ground but I knew it wasn’t the end; it was the end of the beginning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!