Fearing Or Desiring Those With Freedom.

Upon the arrival of my new home we were stopped by guards and paramedics alike. They frisked us up low and high as if we were armed criminals, like we weren't trusted in their country. Ever since our small boat was intercepted by the National Coast Guard we've been treated like outcasts and like animals on this big, shiny steel giant full of serviceman and servicewomen alike all having the same honourable role to serve their country and make it ours as well.

One day I hope to be excepted into this country, taking tests of IQ and numerous tests of physical and cognitive studies that seem unnecessary but prove to be affective for the result comforts those within the confinement of this steel beast. We get pulled out of our quarters like sheep being herded out of their pen and are tasked to do small jobs and checkups on body and bacterial infection. People are usually taken away and sent to the captain's quarters or the "Judge's Jury" as I've overheard the crew say as my fellow refugees are being absorbed by the crew. I'm always left alone like a bees nest in winter. Sitting, waiting for my turn to take the tests and be sent to the Judges Jury.

I overheard a foul order from a foul abundance of strike force soldiers that arrives a day ago. Strangely enough, they were treated the same way as us at first; outcasts. They were not welcomed but were greeted with a salute which at anyone's glance would tell was a crying babies face masked by the poker face established from the harsh circumstances forced upon them. The strike force soldiers roam around the refugee quarters picking people out and putting putting aside taking them to the only destination known to be the sanctuary of redemption and beginnings. I've noticed that the soldiers didn't take them through the standard path but to their vessel outside the docking bay. Everyone heard the distinct and very familiar sound of gunfire. An alarm was rung.

Numerous soldiers ran and stopped people in the hall, designating those "under consideration" and "liability". Herding us, no longer as sheep but as cattle, to the source of the gunfire. Much hesitation throughout the line of "liability" had begun and spread quickly like wildfire. Screams. So many screams. The captain ordered us to be sent away to the same boat we had arrived in. Different this time. Strangely unfamiliar but familiar like an old painting. They pushed us in the boat with all of us hesitating fearing we were being sent back to where we came. We continued hearing gunshots behind the servicemen pushing us in and fear had stricken their face as they knew there were soon condemned.

Starting our boat's engine and sent us straight to towards the ocean. Wondering as we were sent off not as outcasts then but as VIPs for there was a something that those soldiers were protecting besides their firm necks.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!