Night In The Cemetery

As the golden sun was slipping behind the hills, I walk in to the gloomy cemetery. The sky is darkening. I start to hear spooky moans in all directions. I am running, twigs cracking under my feet. The beat of the bats wings, brings butterflies to my stomach. Suddenly, I stop in my tracks, all around are zombies...
The zombies stagger after me. I try to run, but there is nowhere to go. I am TRAPPED!! My arms, they have got me! Trying to break free of their grip, I scream and kick, it is no use. They are too strong.
Blood and pus, running off the zombies as they pile on top of me. I am doomed! My heart is racing as I struggle to get away. I can feel the hot breath of the zombies as they come in closer. I am sweating all over. Will I make it to see the light of tomorrow?
I scream as a zombie launches itself at me. Drool is dripping all over me as his face comes in closer and closer to mine. Then, as I think I am about to become zombie food, I hear a faint scuffling noise. I cry for help but there is no reply. I sigh deeply and brace myself to become food for the zombies.
As I lay there awaiting my fate, I think about my past. My family, all the fun times we had together and the great memories. If I became a zombie all of that will be lost. I can't let that happen. Then it hits me. If I want to live then I have to fight. I try to push the zombies off, fighting as long as possible, waiting for the first rays of sun light to creep over the horizon and light up the graveyard. This will surely be my only hope of living.
I fight for what seems like hours. I am exhausted, weak, I am just about to give in. When suddenly I see the sun starting to rise. That is when I realise the zombies are weakening. Their skin is shrivelling, burning like crisps from the heat of the sun. They cry out in agony from the pain. They retreat helplessly to their graves. I stand up carefully and watch them jumping into their deep dark holes of terror, one by one. As I creep away, I see nothing but an empty graveyard and it is silent. It is as if nothing happened.
I got to school the next day and I tell everyone what had happened last night. But no one believes me. I start to wonder; did it really happen? Was it just a terrifying dream? Am I going crazy? My best friends say that there is no such thing as zombies, or is there...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!