Dark Energy

Is there a god? I know not, but of certain I am, there are beings who are of a greater order, beings whose existence is not quite fathomable in the minds of mortals. This place, called the Chains of Creation, is one such which houses one of twelve such beings, known by many names, in my tongue he is called Alysidor, holder of worlds. I be Valinor, most powerful sorcerer of Gaia. I cannot well recount how I entered this place of gods, most probably by magical means, it matters little. We sorcerers noticed strange activity in the universe. Planets are colliding and the very matter of things falling apart. So I have been sent to this place in order to find some reason for this, speak will I of what I saw.
I entered into a vast chamber, much like a cave, only endless. Amidst the blackest shadow I had ever witnessed, was a speck of white light cutting through the darkness. I approached, my curiosity and duty overcoming my fear, and found that soon I was walking through an array of planets and stars which seemed endless and vast. Only these cosmic figures were miniscule and it felt as though this ‘cave’ was the universe and I simply walked through it. I neared its centre and there saw something unexplainable, godlike. A figure that exuded a white glow stood, arms outstretched. His fingers were strange, rather I should say branches, for they branched off throughout the cosmos and within contained the stars and planets and all other cosmic bodies. The streams of his fingers were slowly fading, in those areas the planets lost their binding and collided with each other, pulled together by their gravity. I was so astonished at this place, this strange place, hidden in the universe or perhaps outside it. Here every living thing had a gravitational pull, for small rocks seemed also to be attracted to my being. As I walked between two fading fingers of gravity, the planets attached to my own gravitational pull. I was at first intrigued, but the more I started to think…the more I started to wonder, how did this central being come to be here? I was scared and I pushed away the planet orbited me, but as I pushed it away, a part of my own hand too stretched out with it and was held in place by my gravity. I ran, and being frightened I was careless, taking no thought as to where I ran, and like a fly snared in a web, I found myself being stretched away as each planet contacted with me. I turned, finding no trace of the central figure. The more planets I caught, the more my gravitational power grew, and soon, the very ground was binding to my legs. With all the energies of the planets in the universe pulsing through my body, a white glow began to radiate through my skin, and before long I was devoured by it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!