I Was So Afraid Of True Love

I catch his line of sight and I'm once again captivated by those crystal blue eyes. His mouth agape, his breathing strange, he runs towards me so fast I'm not sure if he'll stop. He reaches me quickly and I'm engulfed in his arms. I laugh as he twirls me round like a princess. He puts me down, awe set harsh in his features. His hair is more of a dirty blonde now but it still catches the light and his t-shirt is slightly more snug then I remeber though he's taller now. But he's still the same innocent boy I fell in love with what seems like a life time ago. We stand there speechless for a while but it's not awkward. He speaks first, his voice huskier but still reminiscent of when we'd whisper under the sheets when it was past our bed time.

"I waited, like you asked" he said

Over his shoulder I see a staunch figure. My husband

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!