Waves

I stared up at the sun admiring its beauty glimmering in tiny golden shafts coming down through the water in the early heat of midday.

It slowly moved through the sky as I watched it. The hot temperature wasn’t reaching me and I felt so at peace just lying there; the water was so calm swirling around my body and face. It was so nice to just lie there under the waves.

“HUUGHHH!, cough, cough.” I was underwater!

“HUGHHH!” Crash! I was getting pummelled repetitively, wave after wave!

Taking breath after breath I tied to swim back to shore but no matter what I tried I just got pushed out further! What was I going to do?

I dived under the next wave but as soon as I came up another wave filled my mouth with horrible tasting sea water. I almost gave up having nothing to do but let the waves carry me out further... I lay down on my back and let the water droplets gradually cover my face.

I was back to the beginning just under water feeling the water around me except this time it wasn’t a wave that pushed me up... it was a hand.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!