Gallipoli

GALLIPOLI
It was the year 1914, and the date was August 3rd. At 7am in Auckland, New Zealand at James, Collin and Declan all received a letter in the mail telling them they'd been conscripted…..

We are on the boat coming close to shore, there are guns being fired at us and there is red water around us already. Men are dropping from their boats. I feel very sick and very sad. Men are being shot, boats being blown up and guns being fired.

We have killed the men on machine guns. We went through to take the ammo, unaware of a man on the ground with a pistol. He shot at Collin’s head. We turned around and killed him. “Oh no! Collin, Collin, don't leave mate, don't leave me!!!”

More men have arrived. “Come, James. Come here. Do you have any C4?” “Yes, here you go”, says James. “Thanks”, I reply.
“Mr. Meddock, do you have the letter?”
“Yes, I do”.
“Are you going to send it?”
“I'll try and leave now and give it to the Prime Minister".
“Snipper! Get down. Billy kill him”.
“Ok, I've got him", screamed Billy. “I know I'm only 18 but I've got a good shot. Declan get over here now and take this AK47. Now just kill them".

ANZAC Day 1950, awards are given out for Bravest Nurse, Bravest Soldier and Bravest Man or Woman. Bravest Nurse was Senna Mitchells, Bravest soldier, Billy Milligan and Bravest Man or Woman was James Meddock.

LEST WE FORGET.


Ashton Pepperall
Yr 4 St Benedict’s Catholic School Edgeworth


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!