Legandiaries

The bell rang and Jake gathered up his books, picked up his bag and headed for home. Once he got to his fashionable house, he dropped his bag in the hallway, slipped past his parents and into the backyard. He normally went straight to his tree house but today, he wandered past it to a large gum tree. Inside was a box where he kept things he didn't need every day. As he got there, he saw his blue eyes that mixed with his brown and messy hair through his reflection in the chest. As the 10 year old opened the box, he could instantly see everything he needed: comics, toys, a notebook and pencil even a bit of spare food! As he took these things to his tree house, he suddenly stopped. He thought that he saw a pair of wolf eyes staring straight at him. But thought better of it as he knew the children next door liked to play with torches. He put the things down in his cubby and went to ask his parents if he was allowed to sleep in his treehouse that night.
The night was cold but he was warm in his sleeping bag. There was a wolf and Jake was running for his life through the forest. Then he saw a little village and ran faster than anything, ever, and he did, well at least he ran faster, then faster, then he was there. In less than a minute, he was there in the village. Safe.
Ok! So now he was getting a little confident. He had speed powers! What else could he do? He jumped, knowing that something would happen, and he never fell, he looked down, was scared, and lost his confidence. He fell... And then as he woke, he told himself, "It was just a dream, it was just a dream…" and wiped the sweat off his forehead. Just then he was aware for the first time that there was a boy, about the same age as him, with white hair, blue eyes, a hooded blue jacket and, no shoes reading one of his comic books!
“Oh, hi!” said the boy, Jake couldn’t believe how casual the boy sounded. “My name’s Michael, what’s yours?” Jake couldn’t believe it; someone doesn’t just walk in and ask what your name is! Jake couldn’t respond; he was stunned.
“Pleeeaaase? We can go on an adventure!” Jake did like adventures but he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Michael then made the choice for him, touched his hand and stated, “Too late!” by then they were on a misty, high cliff.
“Jump.” Michael told him as if it was obvious. “WHAT?” Jake asked. “I know it sounds crazy but I’m serious; look,” he leaped and he flew! “Ok, I don’t know but I’m going to-” “WAIT!!! If you don’t believe then you’ll fall: it’s a test to see if you’re worthy,” warned Michael. So Jake gathered all his confidence, jumped and flew!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!