Haunted House

I started to walk slowly as I went into the darkness, step by step, my heart started to race faster and faster. The room was dark. I could see some furniture’s which were old and dusty. I breathed really fast, I knew something was going to happen soon but I didn’t know exactly when and how. I knew I was going to get scared…
My legs were trembling and my heart was beating so fast that it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, I looked behind me to see if anyone was following me.
‘Not yet…’ I mumbled to myself as I started to walk faster
I took a glance at what was around me, I could see some spider webs and old boxes and furniture. I quickly turned the corner and prepared myself to be surprised. I closed my eyes and slowly opened them. Nothing was there. I sighed. My heart was still beating fast but I was calmer than before. I was sweating but my sweat dried quickly, I continued to walk fast. Nothing happened to me until I turned another corner and took a few more steps, I could feel a hand grabbing my legs…
The hands were cold and I screamed and ran as fast as I can, I could see the door and a few holes in the walls which made the light come through. I ran as fast as I could towards the door but something grabbed me on my shoulders. I turned back only to see a woman with long black hair with blood coming out of her mouth. I shrieked and made her leg go of my shoulders, I continued running towards the door, the door knob was only a metre away from me and the distance between me and the door knob shortened as I took a step each. I finally got the doorknob and pulled it towards me and I ran out of this dark, horrifying place.
The outside was bright, I had to squint my eyes. I breathed slowly in and out, and started to relax a little. I smirked a bit, feeling a bit embarrassed at all of the actions in the place, screaming and running like an idiot. As I walked away, I looked back behind me.
I smiled as I read out what was wrote on the building which I went into, ‘A haunted house’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!