Under The Bridge

Once upon a time, there was an old man with no money and no house. He lived under a bridge with no family or anything. He was very poor.
One day a man walked over his bridge. It rattled like it was going to collapse so he rolled out and went to tell the man that he nearly destroyed it. When he climbed up he saw the man had a horse with him. He was a very wealthy man, unlike the old man. The old man asked if he could have some money but the man said,
“No, you…you…troll!" and pushed him off the bridge.
The old man cried all night hoping for someone to come and help him. No one came to help. Everyone that walked over the bridge gave him a dreadful look and ran away. This made him upset, so he went into the town to complain.
Everyone he walked past looked very rich and gave him a rude look. He finally found the Governor’s house and walked in. He walked up to the Governor and told him everything that was making him upset. The Governor just told him to leave, and other bad words I wouldn't like to repeat.
As he walked home he walked past a homeless child and sat next to him. They talked for a bit and then the old man asked him if he would like to come home with him, so he did. When they got home they played cards together.
One very sad day the old man died and the boy was all alone, by himself, under the bridge.
About a week after that incident the Governor finally realised that he can't let people like the old man die and gave the boy money. The boy then asked if they could build an orphanage with the money, so they did. The boy always knew that this is what the old man would have done.
The boy finally got adopted by two wealthy people and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!