Fate


The screaming of thousands of fans fill my ears as soon as I reach the stadium. I have been waiting for this since I made my bucket list all those months ago. I feel ill already as I spot thousand of girls screaming their heads off. I wish I could scream too.

As I spot “Toilet” written in bold letters, I start making my way there when suddenly someone bumps into me. My phone falls to the ground and I already know it has cracked its screen. I look up in annoyance. The feeling dissolves quickly when seeing the person who bumped into me.

“Niall...” I stumble over my words as my heart pounds so heavily against my chest that I am surprised it’s not bleeding. My mind races faster than a sports car and I try to make sure that the ground underneath my feet doesn’t disappear.

“Hello love!” Niall smiles widely. His blue eyes shine along and his thick Irish accent takes over my senses very quickly. The blue polo and tight black jeans is making him look absolutely beautiful, stunning and breathtaking. His hair is sticking up perfectly in a quiff as always and his thrilling and charming smile brings a weak smile onto my lips too.

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around him and hug him very tightly, knowing it will be my one and only chance. His strong arms hold me against his hard muscles. Suddenly I feel safer than ever. All my worries and pain become very faint before his safe grip. “You look very beautiful.” Niall’s deep voice whispers against my ear, tickling me and sending a shiver of pain down my spine. I feel a headache come on as I suddenly collapse on the ground with a thud and close my eyes for the last time. Niall seems to be very shocked as he kneels down beside me on the concrete. He slides one arm underneath my legs and the other underneath my neck and lifts me off the ground.

My vision blacks out and Niall’s panicking voice fades away slowly. Thousands of memories from throughout my life flash before my eyes. I took my last breath in Niall’s arms but he will forget about me in two days time. After all, he is The Niall Horan from the biggest boy band, One Direction.

I have learnt that you can keep going, long after you think you can’t. After all life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain. I am aware that everything happens for a reason but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was. Yet, my despair tells me I died before my death.

Life is short and I tried my best to smile everyday. The doctor was right; cancer has been killing me from the inside. I got my last wish fulfilled and maybe this is what life is about- full of surprises.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!