Basketball Granny

A few years ago there was a old wrinkly Granny that had a dream to play in the NBA. Granny is the best player in her league and tomorrow Granny is trying out for a representative team.

It's rep day and granny is getting ready. "Time to get into ol' Betsie'said Granny cheerfully. Betsie is Granny's car it's very old and is likely to break down. Granny got into Betsie and went off to rep. After a while Granny stopped at a red light and waited for the light to go green but when the light went green the car wouldn't go "no Betsie why Betsie well she's done, gone, she lived a long happy life, I'm about to cry" Granny said this in a extremely sad way. But really luckily there was a taxi next to her so Granny went up to the taxi and got in the car and she asked for the drivers name. He said Mr. Taxi and then they went off to rep.

A while later Granny got to rep after the upsetting drive. Granny thanked Mr. Taxi and asked him to be there to pick her up. Granny walked into the gigantic basketball court. It was amazing Granny thought. Granny's game started in a hour so Granny sat down and started to watch the other games.

After a long inspiring hour it was time for Granny's game. Granny was introduced to her team and surprisingly they were all grandmothers also. Granny was really happy that she could have a team with people her age. All the grannies decided that they should call the team the Granny's. After that the game started. Granny got the ball ran down the court and scored. The Granny's defence was so good they won the game.

When Granny got home she needed to wait for a the letter to say whether she got in to the representative team. A few weeks later the letter arrived and Granny was over whelmed with excitement. Granny opened the letter and it read dear Granny you did so well that you made it in to the NBA. Granny was overjoyed and excited. Her game was next week.

Two weeks had past and she was on her way to the airport to go to America . When Granny got to America there was a limo waiting for her to take her to the game.

When granny got to the game she was looking around. Granny could only dream of a place like that. It was amazing! Then all of a sudden a mysterious figure came out of nowhere and kicked Granny over and she landed on her leg." GET A DOCTOR AAAAHHHHH", she cried out in pain. A doctor came very quickly and gave her a checkup." Hmmm... yes it seems you have a broken leg Miss Granny" sad the doctor very sternly. "NO WHY ITS NOT FAIR". Unfortunately, Granny never played that day and never played basketball ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!