Saving Princess Annabel

Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful Princess named Annabel and a handsome young Prince named Justin. Together they lived in a faraway castle in a city called Sandville. Sandville was a friendly and peaceful city with villagers working together happily. But Sandville wasn’t always so peaceful. In fact a long time ago it was ruled by an evil master named Dr White. Dr White was a cruel man with a white cloak that covered all of his body. One day Prince Justin defeated Dr White and became the Prince of Sandville.
The kingdom lived in peace and harmony ever since that day until the night Dr White returned. It was a cold and stormy night with the wind howling and the sound of hail crashing on the roof. They tried to ignore the noise but suddenly the window shot open! A ghost like figure arose and at that moment Prince Justin knew Dr White had returned.
“Sound the alarms!” shouted Prince Justin. But as Prince Justin turned around, Dr White had snatched Princess Annabel and in the wink of an eye, they both were gone.
With Princess Annabel gone, Sandville lived in great chaos but the person it affected most was Prince Justin. Prince Justin made a plan. He put his trusty guard Percy in charge and set off to find his beloved Princess. After many days of travelling, Prince Justin finally reached the portal that lead to the dark land. “Where do you think you’re going?” asked Dr White in a snickering voice. “To save my Princess,” replied Prince Justin.
“Not without a fight!” As he said, that Dr White pulled out a flaming sword that lit up like a newly set fire. Prince Justin’s heart raced as fast his horse could ride and the battle began.
After many hours of fighting Prince Justin defeated Dr White and returned him to the dark land where he belonged. He bravely took a step into the portal and was whisked away to where Princess Annabel was trapped. It didn’t take long to find her trapped in a tower crying bitter tears for she missed the sound of birds chirping and the smell of fresh air, but most of all she missed Prince Justin. As Prince Justin reached the top of the tower Princess Annabel rushed up and hugged him.
Soon after they both returned safely to Sandville. The kingdom lived no longer in chaos and as for Dr White, well he was a little tied up for a while. From that day on Prince Justin always remembered to close the portal so Dr White could not return and cause more chaos.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!