SB INC

I woke up on a Sunday morning to find Sniffles on my bed. Sniffles was a ginger cat that was chubby and kind. I looked around my tidy room, all newly painted lime green. The only things I had in it were my green bed, pale blue wardrobe, my white desk and a bookshelf. I shoved on some jeans, white t-shirt and a headband. I made my way to the kitchen where I grabbed a banana and my water bottle. When I got back to my room I opened my wardrobe and grabbed my backpack, a cap and a jumper. I put them all in my bag and slipped on my trainers. When I got back down to the kitchen Mum was sipping her coffee at the table. I quietly opened the door hoping Mum wouldn’t notice me. Nope, she’s saw me.
“Where are you going Adelaide?” asked Tracy.
“Just over to Nick’s house, Mum” Adelaide replied.
“You seem to like hanging out with him” said Tracy.
“Yeah, bye Mum!” Said Adelaide quickly, avoiding further questions.
Adelaide liked the fresh smell of rain in the morning. She walked down Beatrice Ave to the corner store, were she bought a jumbo packet of chips. When she got to Nick’s house she knocked on the door and Mrs Abel opened it.
“Good morning Adelaide” said Mrs Abel kindly.
“Morning Mrs Abel” said Adelaide, now walking up the stairs to Nick’s room. She found him in the lounge room playing video games on the TV .He beckoned her to pick up a controller and start playing with him. So for the next hour they played star wars video games on the TV. Mrs Abel then brought up some milk and biscuits for them. When they finished eating they went up to Nick’s room.
“Here can I show you something?” asked Adelaide.
“Yeah, sure.” replied Nick.
So Adelaide typed something into the computer and up popped a bubble which said “STOP BULLYING”. Adelaide explained her plan to Nick, who kept nodding his head. They went into Nick’s dads study and got out some paints, paper and pencils. Adelaide was meant to draw the outline in pencil and Nick would jot down some ideas for the posters. When they had got down enough ideas and had drawn up the posters they started the painting on the back deck. Mrs Abel came out to see them an hour later, telling them that Adelaide’s Dad was on the phone. Adelaide jumped up and grabbed the phone from Mrs Abel.
“Hi Dave” said Adelaide
“I heard that you are raising money to stop bullying on Friday. Do you want Tracy and I to come and help at three O’clock? asked Dave.
“Yes, thanks Dad” said Adelaide.

It was Friday and Adelaide was at Nick’s house. The guests had arrived and they were squashed onto the back deck. They started up the projector and audience was already clapping. Dave was smiling at his daughter’s splendid success.

By Ella Steffens, Buranda State School, year 4, age 9, 23 Drake St, West End, Q, 4101.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!