Terror Of A Dream

The black strap secures me in my seat. The girl next to me looks pale and tense in the face, as if she was going to throw-up. My heart is racing faster than a cheetah can run. Our train of seats rapidly flings backwards.
As we near the top, we suddenly halt. "It must be a mechanical problem," I think to myself, "we could be here the whole day." Then a sound of crying hits my ear-drums, like an unexpected bombing. The girl next to me is bursting out in tears. She could have made a river, literally. Below I can see what looks like ants frantically scurrying everywhere; but, I assume they are the technicians who will solve the problem and rescue us. I hear a deafening CLANG of metal smashing together. Our carts start to plummet down, heading for the ground. My whole body goes numb. “This is my last day to live," I say to myself. Getting ready for the painful landing then all of a sudden, BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The sound of my alarm awakens me from my deadly dream. Mum taps my shoulder and says, “Are you ready to go to Dreamworld today?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!