Lesleys Journey

Lesley’s journey began on august 22 1815, on a tiny little farm, in a place called Alice Springs in Australia. Her Mother (Helen) and her Father (Erick) were very proud of their new daughter, but hardly had enough money to keep all of them alive. When Lesley became 9 years old her Father had gotten a job as a sheep sheerer and saved up lots of money and they moved to a place where the grass was green and they could keep cows, sheep and horses. For Lesley’s 10th birthday her Father got her a horse and she could ride it around their new farm since it was such a big area. She called it Chestnut. Before long, Chestnut met Lucky and now a Beautiful foal called Moon-dust stands by Chestnut’s side or frolicking in the long grass. Lesley watched the horse`s every day until she could ride Chestnut again. When Lesley
turned 11 her Mother gave her two very special presents.The first was a drawing pad and the second was a very special present, her Mother and Father told her she was going to have a little sibling. A week before Lesley’s 12th birthday, her little brother Thomas was born. When Lesley got home a week later, she found Moon-dust motionless in the long grass, she ran over to him and called out to her Father.at 10:30 pm 22/8/1827 Lesley had the worst birthday present ever, Moon-dust, a young horse, faded from the world. Even though she missed Moon-dust, she was glad she still had Chestnut, and rode her every day.


At the age of thirteen Lesley was old enough to get a job, so her Father sent her out to town for a week, to try to find a new job. Sure enough she found a job baby sitting, while the parents went away for a month. But that meant moving into town and not seeing her family for a whole month! The three kids where little terrors, and wouldn’t let Lesley get one moment of peace. Lesley was very glad when the month was over, but she still felt sorry for the parents. When Lesley arrived home she showed her dad how much money she had made, and together they counted the money. In total there was $200:95c. while Lesley was in town she met a boy called Sam and they started going out for nice dinners or dances. Thomas crawled around her feet and baked like a dog, then pointed to her Father, He was holding three gorgeous puppies. He said they were working dogs but for now they were just puppies.The puppies would be a house dog for Lesley because she hadn’t many friends so they would be her friends wile they were pups. At dinner Lesley told her family about her stay in town and she told them about Sam too. Lesley’s farther wonted to know more about this Sam so he invited him over for lunch the next day for then was Lesley and her fathers day of from work.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!