Fear

Sean glanced down trying not to think how high he was. He was 672 metres to the ground. His thoughts were drowned by the choppers whirling blades. The other skydivers had jumped and were now floating like balloons to the ground. There was no one other than the pilot and Sean left inside the chopper. He took a deep breath, shut his eyes and tumbled out.

He plummeted to the ground. His life flashed before his eyes. Sean fumbled to reach the clip for his parachute. When Sean clicked it he stopped falling, he was floating. He heard a loud squawk above him. It was an eagle! In his horror the eagle tore a giant hole in his parachute. Oh no! He thought.

He tried to remember the safety rules for skydiving. Sean pulled and pulled on the emergency chute but it just would not budge. Then he remembered the last rule: If nothing works, try to make yourself as light as possible. Also try to slow down your fall by holding a coat or jumper over your head. He took off his backpack and threw it down to the ground. Then he took off his coat and held it above his head but the wind just ripped his coat. He was going to die.

He passed by many other skydivers. Sean managed to grasp a helping hand but they just fell together. He closed his eyes, waiting for the painful impact to hit him like a stone falling on his head.

Thud! Huh, where am I? Wondered Sean. His blurry vision told him that he was in his bedroom on the floor next to his bed. But why? Why was he clutching his blanket to his chest? Then he realised he was just dreaming again.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!