A Busy 2 Hours

A Busy 2 hours
“Frances, your friends, Lillian, Felicity, Grace and Henry are here!” shouted her mother, Elizabeth. Frances, Murray, Austin and Jane jumped down from the table. They had been playing ships and the table was the deck. Lillian had just received news that she was going to attend The London College of Highly Educated Students, so it was the last time they would see her. The Powers all got out their car. All except Felicity went in the back way. Felicity hopped out of the car and bounded up the steps.

CREAK! groaned the stairs. Felicity didn’t notice. SNAP! BANG! “Where is Felicity? She should be here by now,” exclaimed Grace. Henry looked out the window. “Gracious she has got her leg stuck and her arm is broken,” Henry cried, “we shall have to call the ambulance!” “Oh!,” Frances moaned, “We should have changed the boards, they were rotten!” “What is up? All I can hear is thunkity-thunk!,” Lillian remarked. (She had been playing on her I-pod, so she had not noticed what happened), “Oh that was the big commotion.”

The ambulance came and went. Grace made up a poem and here it is:
Have you ever
Broken a bone?
You would never
Want to break one.
You can’t wear shoes of leather,
And you would have to phone
The ambulance to come.
So never ever
Try to have a broken bone.
For when it is done,
You will have no fun!

Fee-fee (Felicity) was still the same old thing (but maybe a little more fragile) by 2 hours, and in those hours lots of important decisions were made. Fee-fee was to change schools. She went to Sincere, which had fame for sport but she was not fit to go there for cause of her broken leg. She would now have to go to The London College of Highly Educated Students with Lillian. As it was in the northern hemisphere, as she geographically knew, she would be a border. Fee-fee was devastated at the thought of leaving Sincere for she had a very athletic build. But as you know life can’t always go your own way! Also the very thought of being in a wheelchair was shocking, especially for somebody who couldn’t sit still for a second, so she would have to learn how to! But, to think of it, it was an amazing lot of things to happen in an average of two hours.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!