Sam And Billy

"Run Billy!" said Sam. "I can't, my legs are sore and we have been running for ages, can we please stop!” cried Billy. Billy and Sam found an old deserted house near the water’s edge. Billy had sweat
dripping down his face but not Sam, he was jumping for joy and had a grin from ear to ear. They entered the house, the shelves were crooked and the floor sagged under their weight. “It looks like
an old witch’s house," said Sam, trying to scare Billy. "Let's fix this house and live in here. We can ask the local village for their help to rebuild the house," said Sam talking, really fast. “Ok, but
one problem, we have no money," said Billy, with a frown on his face . Sam ran outside. "I knew that I should have brought my pocket money, we will have to go back!" cried Sam, wiping his nose on his shirt. “I miss mum and dad after they died in that house fire. Please don't make me run all the way back home, please, please, please, Sam please!" cried Billy, burying his face in his shirt. “Ok, we won't run all the way back home ok. We have to go into town to ask for help ok, you happy now? Don't ask me to do anything for you again," said Sam, pushing Billy away from him with a big frown on his face.
The next day, they went into town. "Hi Sir, can you please find us a job so we can rebuild the house near the creek," said Sam cheerfully but still angry at Billy. "Did you just say, the house when
you walk in, the shelves are crooked and the floor sagged under your weight?" said the man behind the counter; he had scruffy hair and a ripped shirt with shorts. "Yes, why?" said Billy shivering in his boots. "No reason. Yes I have the perfect job for you," said the man behind the counter. “What is it? Just letting you know that I am 14 and Sam is 19," said Billy jumping up and down. "It is being a Chef,” said the man behind the counter. "Come on Sam, we have customers waiting,” said Billy.
6 hours later...
"We have earnt $99 each in one day!" said Sam screaming. "We have to get $700, we so close!" cried Billy. “Come on Billy, we have to go!” said Sam, jumping for joy. “I'm coming!" yelled Billy.
8 hours later…
"$100 each because we had more customers," said Sam, "so we earnt $199 each. Yayayayayay, we earnt all together $398, yes. We need only $302 until we can get our house done," said Billy, screaming loudly at the top his lungs.
3 days later…
"We have to got $700!" yelled Sam, punching the air. They got the town’s people to come and help and now the house is getting built.
3 month later…
The house is done.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!