The Amazing Life Of Kai And Alusa

Long ago, in the days of King Arthur, there lived a boy named Kai. He lived with his brother Alusa and his mother and father. One day, Kai and Alusa were going for a walk in the wood where they lived when Kai suddenly stopped. Alusa ran into him and he fell to the ground and cried, “Smoke! I smell smoke!” He jumped up and pelted home.
When he got there, he was shocked, flames licked from the window. Then he heard his mother scream. He ran inside but he was blocked by a falling piece of roof. He staggered out covered in soot and said, “Dead.” Alusa groaned, “Orphans, I suppose we are,” and he threw some rocks in the fire. Three weeks later, they had built a small hut and made some weapons. They found that living in the wood was nice. They soon got over the loss of their parents. One day, Kai was hunting when he fell over something. It was a fawn. He took it home, warmed it up and made a pen for the deer. One day they woke up and found a fat, ungainly-looking boa constrictor that had a lump in it and NO fawn in the paddock. Kai whipped out his knife and cut open the sluggish reptile. Inside they found a small fawn that was absolutely dead. Alusa cried out, “NO!” his voice suddenly sounded terrified, “Look behind you Kai!” Kai whipped around and saw a bright tiger about to knock him out. Just then an arrow whizzed past his head, struck the tiger in the chest and killed the beast dead. Kai and Alusa both felt pity for the fawn as they said the funeral prayers. They soon could live without the small animal...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!