Waiting For Her Owner

One night on 3 October 1999 my dad read me a story called ‘Waiting for Her Owner’. You are probably wondering where my mom, well my mum past away not quite long ago. I still think to this day if the story my dad read to me is true?
Well today I am going to visit my grandma on the hills in Rock Valley. That night I had a shower and went straight to bed. I woke up in the night I wanted to know what the time was so I turned around to look at what time it was; it was 5am in the morning. Then I heard something it sounded like a horse shoe. “No,” I said to myself, I must be hearing things. I went back to sleep.
Then next morning my grandma said, “Can you go and feed my chickens for me?” I went to feed the chickens then I went back inside. I called out for my Grandma but there was no answer so I went looking for her and I found her in her room reading a book. My grandma once told me that there is a secret about me that I needed to know so I tried to convince her to tell me the secret but she didn’t.
That day at 12pm I said to my Grandma that I was going to the bush for a walk but before I knew it I was lost in the bush. Then I stood still because I heard something, it sounded like those horse shoes I heard the other night. I started to search the forest then I saw something white run past me so I ran after it. It came to a stop I gasped in fear and slowly went towards it. I was saying to myself, “is this true?” because right then right there was this white horse in front of me. I ran to my grandma and told her what I had just seen. My grandma started to whisper to herself, I didn’t know what she was going on about.
That night she said, “It is about time I tell you your secret.” I was so happy I was going to find out what my secret is. She started to tell me my secret. “The secret is that the horse on the hill is waiting for her owner to come and meet her on the hill and that Princess, is you.” I sat there in despair. That the story my dad read to me was true. My grandma said that the story was written for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!