Water Skiing At Pioneer

My first memory of camping at the Pioneer Dam was sleeping in a tent and riding in Dad’s boat. I was around the age of three years old and I wore shorts and a singlet and gumboots. My Dad got sick at the start of summer in 2007 and spent 20 days in the Scottsdale hospital, but when he got out he went and brought a caravan with bunks for my brother Jacob and I to sleep in. We spent many camping trips in the caravan with Mum and Dad, but now we have our own swags to sleep in even when it is raining. At Pioneer we used our boat for water skiing, and sometimes fishing. When I go behind the boat I can go on the biscuit, kneeboard, wakeboard and the skis. My Dad just bought a new jet ski, it is so fast and I go on it with him. Our friends from Scottsdale and Winnaleah come with us and we always have a big campfire burning day and night.
Sometimes we even have a camp oven roast meal with vegies and gravy. Sometimes we even get visitors who bring us some home cooking or just come for a talk and a go behind the boat. The longest trip we have had camping out at Pioneer was six days, and by the end of it my mum was ready to go home and have a shower and wash our clothes. One time we had ran out of fuel in the middle of the dam and had to be towed back, or we had to row back to our campsite. When we are allowed, we swam across the dam to jump off a rock into the water, other times we took the kayaks out or we just jumped off the jetty and played in the water. My summer time holiday memories are of the good times I have at Pioneer Dam, camping with my family and friends and having lots of good laughs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!