Gallipoli

I was on the boat to Gallipoli to fight against the Turkish, I was scared. My heart was beating so fast. I was glad I was with my dad. When we landed in the mucky water, we started to swim to shore. All I saw were my men dying right in front of my eyes. It was gruesome.
When dad and I got to the base, Commander Yahoo asked if we wanted to be snipers. Both of us said no.
We went out in tanks. I saw my friend Joe get shot. I ran out and bandaged him up. He said, “I owe you my life.”
When we reached the trenches, I was shooting like mad and praying not to die. I wondered how mum was doing back home.
BANG! I got shot, right in the arm. I was asking, myself if I was going to die.
I woke up one week later in hospital. “SON!” yelled Dad, “I thought you were dead.”
One month later, the war was still going on. I’d killed 100 men over the time, but I wished for the war to end.
When I found out Dad had been shot dead, I was so angry. I shot madly and killed 10 men.
On the last day of war, we lost 350 men. The Turkish were too good. People were dying every second. BANG! I’m shot in the cheek, I was lucky to survive But it stung like hell.
I got out of hospital two hours later. Finally, the war was over and we had won.
I went home and gave mum a big hug. She asked, “Where is dad?” I answered, “He got shot dead.” Mum cried but she eventually got over it. We had a funeral for Dad. I was very sad.
The next day, I went to school and told all my friends how scared I was. I was glad to be home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!