Haunted

The cold winter wind flowed through my hair, then suddenly from out of the fog I saw it. It was covered in weeds and webs, all the windows were cracked with wood everywhere. A tingle went up my spine. All around me I could hear the deafening howls of wolves. I stepped forward and as I did, the leaves ruffled and the wind got stronger. I realised it was a house but it was haunted. I crept closer, alas I was not brave enough, so as quick as lightning I ran back as fast as my legs could carry. But as I looked back, I saw glowing red eyes staring straight back at me. But who did they belong too? Were they following me?
As I wondered, the eyes became closer and closer and so did the house but you could never see anything move. Even just looking at the eyes, it could scare the life out of you. Then from out of the silence you could hear someone stepping on a branch and it breaking. As I looked back, the eyes had vanished but where had they gone?
Suddenly I could feel someone’s cold breath breathing against my neck. I slowly turned around and I was face to face with this monster. He had blazing eyes and when you looked into them it was like you were being enchanted. He turned around and went back inside. I was under its spell so I followed him inside where I saw him go into a room. There was silence, then out of the darkness there was a deafening scream!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!