Pencil And Eraser

In about Spring an ordinary pencil fell into a not so ordinary world. It was a world with nothing, I mean nothing. It was just a white world. So Pencil thought he would draw something in the west bit of the white world. He first drew a house with two levels and it was white since he wasn’t a coloured pencil. He started to draw a building with four windows on each level. There where six levels and your probably guessing that is white too? Well guess what your right. Let’s get back to the story. So where were we, oh yes Pencil was drawing a building with four windows on each level and there was six levels. The building was coloured white, remember. So after about three, four hours he drew a whole city but he didn’t know what to call it. But he didn’t mind. By the way Pencil was really tired and needed a rest. So he decided to draw a hill with an apple tree in the centre of the hill. He sat himself down on the soft, green grass. He thought he was missing something. Then an apple dropped on Pencil’s head and he thought of something. He said to himself, “I need to draw living things for my city”. So he got up and went straight to work. He drew girls and boys holding their pets. He drew women and men with their pets too. But he couldn’t put animals like lions and birds and animals like that in the city. So he decided to draw a forest. He went five minutes away from the city and started to draw trees and animals. There was all different kinds and types of trees like tall, small, apple trees, gumtrees, pear trees, pine trees, eucalyptus trees, magnolia trees and banana trees. After he had drawn all the trees he moved on to the animals. He drew lions, giraffes, zebras, birds, bears, wolves, fish, possums, kangaroos, elephants, lizards, crocodiles, ducks, monkeys, frogs, foxes, snakes and tigers. He even drew rivers and a lake. Then an Eraser fell into the world, but Pencil didn’t know anything about an Eraser. So he kept on drawing. Then the eraser started to jump over to the unnamed city. Pencil didn’t see this happening. He found out what an Eraser was when someone screamed and Pencil raced over and hid behind a house with one level. But Pencil couldn’t do anything because then he would be rubbed out. So he went back to the forest and hid behind an apple tree. He could not see Eraser anywhere but before he turned around the tree had been rubbed out and so had he. He found himself on a desk of a nine year old girl called Lucy and in her right hand was an eraser. Lucy had just rubbed out the city and forest she had just drawn.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!