Last Living Thing

I woke up unexpectedly at exactly 7:00 am but something wasn’t right, it was too quiet. I crept down the cold dark hallway calling out to my parents’ but I had no response. Next I carefully walked into the kitchen and at that very moment I realised there was no food in the fridge, no water coming from the tap and no electricity. Something very strange was going on and l didn’t understand any of it. I became very worried still not knowing what to do. After a long time of constantly wondering, it hit me, I was the last living thing and I knew what I had to do.
As any sane person would do I stole a Ferrari! It was chrome red and shined in the sun. I hadn’t had any breakfast. I started to get hungry. I sped to McDonalds, ran inside and stuck my head under the ice-cream machine; but the problem was I couldn’t get enough of it. I quickly unplugged it and ran back to my Ferrari. The next stop was the Apple store; I grabbed 2 Mac Books, 4 iPhones and 3 iPads. I raced home to drop everything off but I ran out of petrol. I just managed to wheel the car to the petrol station that looked like it hadn’t been used in a hundred years.
After a long time of waiting and setting up everything, it hit me one word, VEGAS. I drove all the way there, it took about two hours to get to Vegas but it was all worth it. I gambled all the money I had and became a multi-millionaire in about five minutes. I felt special because my family are really poor but with the money I received, we could pay everything off and still have left over money for personal items. The drive home felt much quicker. I don’t know why though, I think it might be the fact that I was really excited and I couldn’t wait to get home, but when I did something very unexpected was there.
I was surrounded by police officers and ‘people’. None of this made sense to me, I thought I was hallucinating and I was just seeing things but they were all real. I tried asking them where they had all been but before I knew it I was handcuffed and under arrest. “You have to pay for everything you stole or you will be in prison for the rest of your life,” demanded the police officer. I didn’t know what to do; but then I remembered.
I was a multi-millionaire from Vegas. I told the police officer to bring me over to my car. He saw all the money and said I was free to go, so he took what he needed and was off with the wind. My life had changed forever, but it was all worth it because now I have had the
experience of a life time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!