Warlord

Once upon at time, there was a boy named Owen and he was about to get the shock of his life. One day Owen was outside playing cricket, he hit a really far hit and it went into the paddock. When Owen was going to get the ball, he felt like someone was dragging him. He looked down and found a small, green elf like figure. Owen looked back the way the elf was dragging him and he saw a portal and on a branch shading the portal was his ball. “I have to get that ball, but how?” Owen said, in a clueless voice. He began climbing the tree. When he reached the branch the ball was on, he started crawling to the ball. When Owen had nearly reached the ball, he reached out to grab the ball, but the wind blew, the branch shook and the ball fell and do you know what Owen did? He jumped into the portal; I mean that’s just crazy!
Owen started whirling and twirling. When he finally reached the end of the portal, he saw that he was in the sky racing towards ground. “Whoa!” Owen yelled. Ten minutes later, he woke up with pain in his head. He looked around, “Where am I?” Owen said, in a rather awkward voice.
Then a very fast arrow just skimmed his head. “What was that for?” Owen yelled, looking at the person who shot the arrow. “Duck!” the man yelled. “Why should I?” Owen said. Just as Owen turned around, he saw a dragon just about to breathe fire all over him. Owen quickly jumped out of the way. Just then, the dragon fell dead because it was shot with an an arrow from the man that was yelling at him. “Thank-you,” Owen said, feeling relieved, “but I have one question, where am I?”
“My name is Edward and you are in Storm Lands, the Land of Dragons,” said the man. “How do you get out of here?” Owen said. “You must go to the far end of Storm Lands, luckily you’re not too far away. My question is, what is your name?” “Owen. Can you come with me?” Owen said. “Sure,” Edward said and off they went.
About thirty minutes later, Edward gave Owen a sword and told him to be ready because they were about to enter a dark cave. Another fifteen minutes later, they found the portal. “Finally!” Owen said. Just then, a dragon dropped through the roof and smashed into the ground. Edward tried to yell but the dragon’s roars were too loud. Edward hit first, then Owen, then they both grabbed out their bows and began shooting the dragon. The dragon blew fire at Owen but he quickly dodged it and shot back, but Edward had been hit by the fire. Owen tried to help but it was too late, they ran for the portal and jumped and when he woke up, he was back at home. It had worked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!